Forklift Training - Counterbalance FLT Courses
Counterbalance FLT Courses
Counterbalance Forklift Description:
The Industrial Counterbalance Forklift Truck has a counterweight to balance the load on the fork arms. The fork arms and load project out from the front of the machine. Loads can be raised or lowered vertically and the mast may be tilted forwards or backwards up to 15°. The industrial truck is used on firm / smooth surfaces. Also known as forklift, fork truck or lift truck.
Loading, unloading, stacking materials and other goods (generally contained on pallets).
Often seen in:
General warehousing. Common in any industrial unit with level and stable flooring.
Which course is for me:
For information on which course is right for you please read the information on the Course Types page which explains the difference between the 3 courses that we offer.
Course duration is dependent on the number of attendees and the driving experience of the individual. There are two methods to gaining your Forklift licence, traditionally or using eTruck. The standard number of days based on instructor ratios of 3:1 are below:
• Novice: Up to 4 days traditionally or 2 days using eTruck
• Experienced: Up to 2 days traditionally or 1 day using eTruck
• Refresher: 1 day traditionally or 1.5 hours using eTruck
Counterbalance FLT Course Content
- Structural Parts
- Safety Operator Video
- Pre-Use Inspections/Handovers
- Safe Operating Methods & Hazards
- Operating in Confined Spaces
- Operating in Industrial Racking or Scaffold
- Bulk Stacking & Lorry Loading
- Theory Test
- Practical Assessment
- Course Evaluation